|THE PSYCLEDELICS COMMUNITY
|Chapter number 8 for this tracker music competition has something very special for our entries : PRIZES|
|For the first time a psycle compo has prizes!|
|4 prizes are planned: the first 3 positions will get a prize and plus a prize for the special random award. Read more below...|
|Special greets and thanks go to our sponsors for donating their own cool plugins:|
RESULTS FOR COMPO#8:(july 2006) Edit
1 )ROLEMUSIC-sonaita(133 points)
2 )DRUTTIS-wailing times(86 points)
3 )MfM-waiting for a dream(82,5 points)
4 )RHINO-combination(82 points)
5 )DW-e^(i pi) + 1(78 points)
6 )ALK-Eep!(66 points)
7 )Vos & ALK-psytreisende(56 points)
8 )QUANTINITY-last minute drum with a little bit of bass(50 points)
9 )VOSKOMO-snowy days(43.5 points)
10 )12AtÜ-MaikäferAhoi(38.5 points)
11 )SAMPLER-under pressure(37 points)
12 )KARLKOX-melancholics bells(25 points)
13 )POLITE C.-to the moon alice(22.5 points)
14 )SERGOS-down(21 points)
15 )LAKSER_U-revision(16 points)
16 )AMPUL-dot2(15.5 points)
17 )OUTSIDER-fer(15 points)
18 )SCUBA-rotate anti-clockwise(14.5 points)
19 )DRAGON UNHEARTHED-The Lightning Brought Darkness(9.5 points)
20 )OURSVINCE -bells bells(8.5 points)
21 )SPACETURNER-swimming as a mermaid(8 points)
22 )OURSVINCE-metaloid(6.5 points)
23 )OURSVINCEforest(5.5 points)
THE RANDOM AWARD GOES TO : lakser_U
- Format accepted will be .psy
- Coops are welcome
- No restriction for entries per person (you can submit as many songs as you wish)
- All the entries must be submitted on or before the entry deadline
- You can use:
- Native plugins
- Samples (any type of samples)
- VST (but just the ones in the 'allowed list' specified below)
- The psy file must not be bigger than 3 megabytes
List of allowed VSTs: Edit
- Submission period from the 27th of february to the 23th of April 2006
- Vote period from the 24th of april to the 11th of june 2006
NOTE: all the dates could be changed (extended) if necessary. We will talk about it on the compo#8 thread, so check the compo#8 thread if you want to enter and ask us if you need more time.
To Vote: Edit
- Only those registered on the psycledelics forum can vote (anyone can register), there are two methods to vote:
- sending an email to email@example.com (remember to specify your user name - mails from unknown people will not be accepted)
- sending a PM to MfM on psycledelics site
- When voting everyone has (number of entries * 2) points to distribute freely between the songs they like the best. The total sum of the distributed points must equal to the number of entries * 2. In this competition that equates to 46 points.
- For the random award you just have to write one number between 0 and 100 on the bottom of your mail/PM in the following way:
|random award : NUMBER|
- Remember, it's not good sportsmanship to vote for yourself ;)
Adding Songs: Edit
- First of all you must submit your song to the psy section (not mp3/ogg) of psycledelics (a link to the mp3/ogg version of the track must be inserted on the song's description page)
- Now you can add your song on the compo8 page on the wiki (in the added songs section) in the following way:
|ARTIST NAME - SONG NAME (MP3)|
(with a direct link to song's description page on psycledelics on SONG NAME, and a link to the mp3/ogg on MP3)
- HERE the list of prizes and the explanation of how to "Random Award" works :
One of the following plugins:
|HOW TO CHOOSE|
- First position can choose from one of the plugins in the list above.
- Second position can choose from the remaining 3.
- Third position can choose from the remaining 2.
- Random awards winner will get the remaining plugin.
|RANDOM AWARD :|
The random award is a prize that you can win, no matter how good or bad your song is. Here is a small explanation of how we will elect the winner of this prize:
- When receiving the songs for the competition, a number is given to the participant (1, 2, 3...) in the order they are received.
- When a user votes, it gives points to his/her favourite songs, and separately, a line with "Random Award:" and a number between 0 and 100.
- When we get all the votes and we have the three winners, we remove them from the list.
Example: Say we have participants A, B and C, and the order in which we receive the songs is A, C, B. (A = 1 , C = 2, B = 3) Then, if A wins one of the three prizes, it is removed from this list, and the list becomes: C, B (C = 1, B = 2).
- Finally, we will make an addition of the values of all the Random Awards, do a modulus by the number of participants (participants for the random award), and add one to the value.
A modulus is getting the residue of an integer division. (9/5 = 1, residue 4. 9 modulus 5 = 4) since this value starts at zero, we add one.
•voter 1 : 35
•voter 2 : 74
•voter 3 : 31
•voter 4 : 1
3 participants remaining for the random award.
35+ 74 + 31 + 1 = 141
141 modulus 3 = 0
we add one to the result 0 + 1 = 1
NOTE: if you have any doubts write it on compo#8 thread on psycledelics board.
Added Songs Edit
Stream them all live from the net using this play list http://psycle.free.fr/compos/2006-04.m3u .
Alternatively, right click on the 'ogg' or 'mp3' link and choose 'Save Link (Target) As...' to download an mp3/ogg-vorbis version of each track.
Browse the psy files from here: http://retropaganda.info/archives/psycle-tunes/compos/2006-04/ .
Final Words, Greets & Thanks: Edit
- HERE there is a thread for compo#8 discussions!
- HERE there is a thread for compo#8 reviews and comments!
- Note: A new Psycle version has been released to meet this compo. Go get Psycle 1.8.2 at Sourceforge
I want to thank all the people in #psycle and all the people on the boards at psycledelics,for help and suggestions.
another big thanks to our sponsors for donating plugins.
oh!..and good psycling...